Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Eighth post

2014>> Have you had a good year??

Write about:
> Good things that have happened in your life
> Situations that did not go so well
> Your achievements in 2014
> Things you did not do / have not done yet / still have to do this year
> Important news / events you would like to highlight
> Any other comments

Wordcount: 250





Well, it's already October. I've already been sunburned and the winter snow in the mountains is quickly melting away. Another year is coming to an end. 

This year has been really good. I feel really proud of what I've achieved. Recent years have been kind of crazy, very enjoyable but emotionally tiring. However, this year has been good in a more controlled way. It started when a good friend came to visit from Germany and we travelled Patagonia together. Then my 71 year old Uncle came out to stay for a couple of weeks and we spent some good quality time together. In the winter break I got to see Uruguay for the first time, and it was amazing, and in September I finally got to see Concepcion.
 
I've continued to give English classes at the University and I feel this has gone well. I've also started to work with the IELTS exams which have been exciting and also rewarding; I think I've learned a lot. 

As for the not-so-well, there's not a lot to tell. My social life has changed so it's been quite hard balancing time between my old social commitments and my new social commitments, but that's life. I also want to practice and improve my Spanish and I've been a bit lazy with this. I suppose I should include that under 'still have to do this year'. 

As for important news, there have been more babies (not mine). And I quit smoking which was great. 


The big question for me now is, what next?

No comments:

Post a Comment